ID Tags for pets, people and all your belongings!

Pet Stories and Photos

Tell us how your pet was helped by their Love Your Pets ID tag. Or send us a photo of them wearing their tag. We'll post it here!

We enjoy every one of your stories... We Love Your Pets! Send us any story you want - we especially love pet rescue stories.

My sixteen-year-old brother-in-law's friend left our gate open when he left one night. The next morning, we let Jay (our dog) outside not realizing the gate was open and by the time we realized he was gone, he was long gone. We searched the neighborhood door to door and put out flyers. Anybody could have scooped up our dog and done anything with him. By him being a rare breed in the area, folks always have their eyes on him. Lucky for us, he was picked up by our local humane society's president. A wonderful young lady spotted our flyers, recognized him, and gave us a call to let us know where we could find him. Thankfully, we got him back. As soon as I received the call and knew Jay was found, I did a google search to find and ordered Jay a tag. Now, if (God forbid) he ever runs off again, we can be contacted easily without having to go through so much. It is always a wonderful idea to have your information on your pet for such an emergency.


Image "SchnauzerTale" Dear Staff at “LOVE YOUR PETS,”
I am 58 years old and have never owned a dog. My youngest son is a plumber and was doing some work at a home that had previously been occupied by drug dealers. Several dogs were left abandoned in the home ostensibly due to a hasty retreat! All efforts to locate the owners were futile and the pick of the pack was an adorable salt and pepper Schnauzer. She was shuffled to several homes before she ended up at our home.

For some reason “Schnauze” immediately adopted me! I taught her German commands and everyone cracks up listening to the Grandchildren trying to pronounce them. Being a pilot I spend as much time as possible with the local airport bums and Schnauze was soon adopted as the airport mascot. She is quite savvy about the airplanes and very well behaved. I have had her for about three years now and she is my enduring shadow. The entire family can tell I love her deeply in spite of my refutation.

A few months ago I was out of state on an extended business trip and my wife called me in tears telling me that Schnauze was missing and the neighborhood search had brought no results. Trying to calm myself and my frantic wife I told her we should pray and hope for the best. In less than an hour Schnauze came home covered in mud.

Counting my blessings I immediately went online to find a company that offered information tags for pets. I liked the “LOVE YOUR PETS” website and bought tags for all three dogs (we inherited two more). We were surprised at the very reasonable price, the great quality and how fast they arrived!
Yesterday my wife called and said that she received a phone call inquiring if we were missing some dogs. Arrangements were quickly made to retrieve the gate busters and all is well again. I just now ordered a tag for my 20 pound Siamese named “Purdy Cat”, (not that he moves much) but you never know….

I don’t get a pat on the back very often but my wife had to admit that choosing “LOVE YOUR PETS” was a great idea! Thanks to everyone who makes our pets (and their owners) rest a little easier!

Most Respectfully,
Milo & Lavendia Ketchum
Checotah, OK

19 yrs and still good!

Image 19 yrs and still good! I found you know by an online search. Not sure how I found you 19 yrs ago. I had a tag made for my new puppy. It was the stainless steel circle. He wore it every day for the 18 yrs of his life. Fortunately, it was never needed for a recovery but he had it--just in case. I now have two new puppies and this is one of the first things I'm ordering for them. I can't thank you enough for the lasting quality and sense of security your tags have provided me. R. McMahon, WA

A Christmas Miracle

Waldo has been with our family for 13 years. For the entire 13 years, Waldo has stayed in the garage at night but goes out during the day to patrol and protect his neighborhood.

On December 7th, at 4:00 p.m., Waldo was observed in our front yard sunning himself. At 6:30, when we went out to call him to come in for the evening, he didn't come. We took flashlights and walked the neighborhood, calling for him. All during the night we'd go down and open the garage doors, hoping that he was there, ready to come in.

The next day, we checked with the neighbors (all of whom know Waldo), the emergency animal hospital, the Humane Society ... no Waldo. Day after day, night after night, we looked for him. I made a "Lost" flyer and posted it to our mailbox. We knew that something had obviously happened, but didn't know how - even though Waldo was "up in years" he was very street smart and we couldn't imagine that perhaps some animal in the woods had gotten the best of him. During a 2-1/2 week period, we decided that if Waldo wasn't home by Christmas morning, we would remove our "Lost" flyer and resolve ourselves to the fact that Waldo was gone.

At 11:45 p.m. on Christmas Eve, we received a telephone call from a young man 200 miles away who said, "I think I found your cat wandering around in a fast-food parking lot. This number is on the cat's tag." I didn't know if the call was a joke or not; I was careful to not supply any information - I responded, "What does the tag say?" He said, "Waldo. He's really skinny but seems to be OK."

We immediately spent that night driving to pick Waldo up and bring him home. He was exhausted and we could not imagine him wandering around in a business district 200 miles away and still be alive. We discovered, on Christmas Day morning, that some friends of a neighbor, who lived in the town where Waldo was found, had been visiting the day Waldo disappeared. We assume that Waldo somehow managed to get in the back of the truck belonging to the visiting friends and was transported so far away from home; when the back of the truck was opened, he must have jumped out and run.

Thanks to the kindness of the young man who called us, and Waldo's Love Your Pets I.D. tag, he is back, safe and sound, at home! The best Christmas present ever - our Christmas miracle!

An angel for our family

We losed our one pet to brain cancer, and we still had my little baby girl, who we raised for 2 weeks of age. And we never got another pet, cause she was 8 years old. And I really didnt want to get another puppy, to ran her crazy. Then on the morning of June 11, 2005, I knew she was dying. She was breathing very funny, and heavy. I didnt talk or eat for 5 days. I miss her so much, everyday. And I really miss her when, I get out of the shower, and she is not there to go to bed with me. I miss her sleeping beside of me still. But, about oct. last year, The dog pound called us, to see if we wanted to come and see a pittbull that they had found. (Branshree was pittbull) And we when, And I cried my eyes out, He was a spitting image of her. And Now, he will be a year old on aug. 15. And he dose so many things, that branshree use to do. That it freaks me out at times. I have to stop a minute, and thank branshree for sending us another her. Even thought she was female and he is male. I still think that she send him to us, well me mostly, to help me though all of my difficult times I am having since her lose. He is her, I can feel it in his touch, when he touches me, and I can feel her there. I want to thank her for him. She was a very sweet baby, and so is he. Its like he took over, where she left off. But, I love all my babies. even my little girl DaShiki Rai, that is he's sister.

Baby Miracle

Image Baby Miracle My son made it to the Junior Olympics PA Wrestling team so my other children, my husband and I packed up and took our two long-haired Chihuahuas to my mother-in-law's house. She was to watch them for the three days we'd be gone....five hours from home! Two days into the wrestling tournament, we were so excited that my son had become a sixth place medalist in the state of PA in the wrestling tournament...only to get the call that my ten year old puppy had disappeared from my mother-in-law's backyard...she was wearing no collar, no tags and could be anywhere!!! My mother-in-law and other family members searched for hours for Baby to no avail....They contacted the police and animal control and my heart sank deep into the bottom of my heart knowing that Baby could not speak for herself and the lack of ID tags would not help if anyone found her dead or alive. We prayed and believed God would keep her safe. A day turned into a night and no word of Baby. We were returning from our trip three hours into our five hour drive when my mother in law called and said someone had spotted Baby. She had managed to run through a crazy-busy intersection, to an apartment complex and was running aimlessly down the parking lot looking for her home. Many kind-compassionate people spotted Baby and tried to catch her, but she was so frightened, she would run away. Some of my family members searched the second day for Baby after the sighting for over four hours in the pouring rain. She was so scared, she would only run deeper into the woods. Baby is only six pounds and looks like a fox. People who spotted her, thought she was a fox, a rabbit, a cat. When my children and I got home, we searched another three hours in the rain and dark with flashlights looking for her calling out her name. Nothing!!! Not even a glimpse of her. We kept our faith in the Lord...and the third day into her disappearance, we got another call that someone had spotted her running down a road. We immediately came to the place they had seen her and began searching again, calling her name. It was like looking for a needle in a woods, lots of houses...and a little six pound long-haired chihuahua that looks like a fox. We felt led to ask a woman who was unloading her car if she had seen our dog, and she said she had taken a picture of something that she thought could be her....The woman thought our Baby was a small fox. She showed us the picture and we began crying. The kind lady gave us permission to search the woods behind her home when we I heard a shout saying...'we found your dog!' Baby had gone into this woman's neighbor's garage to keep warm. We were reunited and our Baby was perfectly fine...She has lived a pampered life. I never thought to get her ID tags because she had never been out of my sight. I thought of the movie 'Beverely Hills Chihuhua' and kept a peace within knowing somehow....Baby would become a miracle story...In which, she has!!! I immediately came home and ordered ID tags for both Baby and Twix...and will send pictures of the two of them as soon as we receive them in the mail....Thank you so much for an assurance knowing that if Baby is ever separated from us again, people will know she is a dog and not a fox, a cat, a rabbit, or a big rat....They will know she is a dog who is loved and missed! Thank you so much!

best way to write out a pet tag

When I got my first dog (a french bulldog puppy 10 years ago and an exotic breed at the time) I was 21 and living by myself in New York city. I had been there only three months.
My vet gave me awesome advice on what to have engraved on my pet ID tag: 1) Don't put your name or address on the ID tag--unless you live in a small community where every one knows you and your dog and where you live. Anyway, tons of people (weird people included) will look at the tag for your dogs "name", remember your address and follow you home, hang out outside you building and start calling. No Joke--It happened a little bit to me and a lot bit to my co-worker. Not safe for a single girl in a big city. 2) Don't put your dog's name on the tag. It gives the dog and the people who found him an extra thing to bond over, thus an extra reason to keep your dog because of this extra familiarity and Bond (especially if you have a friendly outgoing breed). Lots of people, sadly, keep dogs that they find thinking they were "abandoned". 3) Write on the dog's tag that he is sick and needs medication ASAP(even if it's not true) and has to get home or to the vet ASAP! It will scare the person who finds him into getting rid of your damaged pooch at a shelter or vet into getting your dog proper care, thus getting him back to you. Also (at least in big cities) it will keep someone from stealing your dog, or just keeping him and not trying to contact you! No one want's a lemon/sick/and an EXPENSIVE dog to care for!
This is some of the best advice I ever got from my Vet.
Also, all vet offices and shelters have micro chip scanners for multiple companies--so don't worry. BUT DO MICRO-CHIP YOUR DOG. It's equally as ID tags. Most dogs I know get lost when they don't have their tags on (mine included--twice!!) Just when you think they can't slip out the door, or are in a fenced yard that has a hole in it: all clinics Firs things firs check for chips if your dog doesn't have tags on. SO PLEASE Micro-chip your dog, AND ALWAYS HAVE HIS TAGS ON! The piece of mind from the chip is priceless! That in combination with a tag is 100% fool proof!
I also have another tag that says he has health insurance that works anywhere and all my info on file at all local Trauma hospitals in the area--so payment will be billed to me, his vet's phone numbers, and the fact that he's AVID micro-chipped is all on their. Better safe than sorry.

Yes I'm neurotic, but my dog is my best friend. As for me, I never leave home without my license, my Dad's business card and my Dad and my Sister's phone numbers listed as my "in case of emergency in my call phone"; why would I treat my best friend any less! -Jenny

Boxer Love

In March 2007 I was driving along the interstate and saw a dog running around in the median. Glancing around, I noticed many farms along the road that I thought that one was probably missing their dog. I pulled over and coaxed the little guy into my car to check his tags and call the owner. It was then that I realized this dog was a tiny little boxer puppy that was injured (scrapes and cuts). He had no tags attached to his collar. I called my husband and said "I'm bringing home a puppy I found on the road!" He was very concerned...of course, I was extremely upset over this little baby dog being abandoned on a busy highway and he seemed to have some serious injuries.

It is now the beginning of October, and after an unsuccessful search to find his owners, we are happy to have him as part of our home. We named him Deacon. He made a wonderful little brother for our 3 year old lab Cooper. They are best buddies!

All of his injuries have healed and we love him more and more every day! When we found him he was about 25 pounds, and now he is almost 70 pounds! Take time to notice life around you, you never know when a little ray of sunshine will enter your life!

Buster has been found. Even house pets need tags!

Image Buster has been found. Even house pets need tags! The first day of rabbit season, November 4, 2006, my husband set off on the great white rabbit tail hunt with Buster our family beagle in tow. Buster has been in our family for 8 years and has been a house pet all this time. He was never an outside dog. Buster decided to chase after a female beagle in heat and then he was gone. We searched for days in the same area looking everywhere for him, it absolutely broke my heart. I am a big-time animal lover and my dogs are my "kids". It was devastating not to find Buster. We contacted local shelters and newspapers. I made fliers up and posted them within a 30-mile radius and I went on the radio to the lost and found and pleaded for someone to find my dog. By Christmas I had all but given up that I would ever see Buster again, my sweet, sweet boy. My heart was broken, I missed him so much and the thought of him out there somewhere in the woods just killed me. I wanted my "boy" back home with me in my bed all nice and warm. On February 6, 2007, my husband got a phone call at 8:30 am from a guy who said he had Buster. My husband said, "No way can you have Buster". The phone number on the caller ID was from Virginia. But the guy said the dog's name was Buster and he asked if my husband's name was Ronnie and if we lived in Montrose, WV and my husband said yeah and the guy said, "Then I have your dog". We couldn't believe that this might be true, but nonetheless we wanted to believe that we would get our dog back. It turned out that Buster was 210 miles away from home and he had gotten his foot caught in a coyote trap and was found by this guy at 8:00 am and took him home to get him warm. The temperatures that morning were below zero, so Buster was cold and freezing. When we got Buster back home we immediately took him to the vet because of his foot being in a trap in freezing temps. We needed to get him medical care as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the trap did not hurt his foot but the freezing temps did and we had to have his leg amputated. I felt so bad for Buster, but at least we still got him back and he is still the same ol' boy. He still runs and carries on like he has four legs. Needless to say...much to Buster's dismay...he will never go rabbit hunting again. I won't let him. From now on no more house pets for hunting. My husband keeps his rabbit dogs out in pen and my babies in the house do not go hunting.

Buster is alive.

Image Buster is alive. We had seven cats and two dogs all had pet ID tags on from Love your Pets. All of our pets have also been spayed or neutered. Last summer one of our male (tiger stripe with spots) cats turned up missing. Now even though he had been fixed he sometimes would go missing for a couple of days at a time. So we thought this was the same kind of deal. After four days I was worried, a week went by and still no Buster. This was not like him. We live off a main rural route in the country. So our thoughts turned to sadness. Was he run over by a car or did a coyote get him? Weeks passed, a month went by, and another month, we were assuming the worst. After two and a half months went by we got a phone call. It was from a nice farmer about an hour away. Buster had crossed a major interstate and was unharmed. Buster had shown up at his farm, skinny and with his front paw caught up in his collar. But at least his collar and tag were still on him. He had to cut his collar off to get his leg unstuck from it. So he put him in one of his sheds and called me. We were relieved to know he was still alive and unharmed. That night we drove to get him. When the farmer opened the shed door and I called for Buster, he came right to me. His eyes had relief, happiness, and love in them. He started purring the minute he was in my arms. We wanted to thank you for a happy, healthy return of Buster our sweetest boy.

Bye Bye Bubby saved by his tags!

Image Bye Bye Bubby saved by his tags!

I took my two dogs Maddie and Bubby to fenced in dog park. Bubby is a beagle and he follows his nose as such. While we were there he caught a whiff of something he wanted to follow. He quickly squeezed himself through this little hole I never thought he could fit in. Maddie (being 75 lbs.) and I had to run around to the outside of the fence. We saw him a little ways away, but the snow was so high where he was, up to my waist! He was only 30 lbs. and was walking on top of it. Maddie and I got into my car and drove around the outside of the park looking for him. I couldn’t see him anywhere. We stayed at the park for about 2 hours driving around and screaming his name. I also called the dog officer (and my work, I couldn’t go to work while Bubby was missing!) I was just about to go home when I got a call on my phone “Are you Bubby's owner?” I started crying and said “Yes, yes! You have him?!” the boy on the phone said yes, asked me where I was and said he would meet me there. I was so happy, I waited for them to come to the park. When they got there I was the only car in a dark park parking lot. The car was full of four teenage kids. They pulled up next to me and handed off Bubby. Maddie was so happy to see him! They said they found him walking on the side of the road, about 2 blocks from our house! They called him into the car, being the friendly little beagle he is jumped in. They saw his tag and called my phone. The kids were so nice, everyone in the car said “Bye, little man! He was fun to have!” They were great and brought my Bubby back home safely thanks to Love Your Pets pet tags!

Cap's Angel

Image Cap's Angel Cap’s Angel by Pamela Jenkins

The cold wind rattled the window near my chair as I sat at my desk, going through bills that needed to be paid. I was thankful I didn’t have to go outside in the nippy air. The forecast was for a hard freeze that night. It was a good day to stay indoors. Suddenly, a sharp rap on the window startled me.

I looked up to see my husband peering in. He gestured for me to come outside. With a groan, I stood up and slipped on a jacket. I would have preferred to stay where I was nice and warm, instead of venturing out in the chill.

Outside, I found my husband talking to our friend, Tony, who is an animal control officer. They stood next to Tony’s truck where there was a break from the wind. I was about to suggest that we all go indoors when my husband pointed at something lying in the back of the truck. I stepped closer for a better look. It was a small terrier, emaciated and dirty. He was shivering in the cold. His eyes were matted and he had several bite wounds that were infected.

“I picked up this little stray today,” Tony said. “He’s in pretty bad shape, and I don’t think he’s going to make it…”

I leaned over and whispered, “Hey, sweetie.” The little terrier stood up on shaky legs. He squinted at me and slowly wagged his tail. I gasped, because it was then I realized that it was a wire fox terrier, the same breed as our dog, Tell. That was as far as the resemblance went, however. Tell was healthy and well kept, but this fellow was in such poor condition that his future was uncertain. I felt a tug at my heart when I heard my husband say, “My wife wants him.”

Tony seemed to hesitate, as if he weren’t sure we were prepared for the task ahead of us. As he handed the dog to me, I was surprised at how feather-light the little body felt. I murmured my thanks as I hugged the dog tightly and hurried indoors. The first order of business was to fill that empty tummy. I poured a bowl full of dog food, and turned around to see the dog’s ears perk up and his attention on the dish. “Nothing wrong with your appetite,” I said with a smile as I watched him eat with gusto.

After licking the bottom of the bowl, he curled himself on some warm blankets I laid out for him. In a few moments he was fast asleep, exhausted but no longer starving. Later that afternoon, shampoo and towels in hand, I gave him a bath. Layers of dirt and debris were rinsed off, and his bite wounds were cleaned. As I unbuckled his soiled collar, I realized this was someone’s pet. How unfortunate that he had no identification tags to help locate his owner.

After a second bowl of food was gulped down, the terrier snuggled in his blankets for another nap. I told my husband, “He’s bright and alert, eating well, and I think he’s going to make it.” My husband seemed skeptical and warmed me that we still had a long way to go before this dog was healthy again. In spite of his warning, I went to bed happily thinking of a name to call our little guest.

Tell was named after a Louis L’Amour character. I hoped another character’s name would be a perfect fit. I decided we would call him Cap after the feisty little cowpoke that befriended the Sackett family in so many L’Amour western novels.

The next morning, a happy little dog with a terrible case of diarrhea met me. My husband asked, “Just how much did you feed him yesterday? You know, you almost killed him with kindness.” He gave a chuckle as I cleaned up the results of my “kindness”. I couldn’t help myself, I told him. Poor Cap had looked a little hollow and needed filling out. I vowed to feed in moderation after that episode, and I have to think Cap agreed with the new menu.

We took things one day at a time, and Cap slowly began to put on weight. His wounds healed and hair began to grow back in bald places. One day I noticed I couldn’t feel his ribs or hipbones anymore, and that hollow look was gone forever. After several weeks of searching for his owner with no results, we decided that little Cap was here to stay. Of course, Tell was ecstatic to have a companion to spend time with. What could be merrier than a wire fox terrier?

I have to say it would be having two terriers in the house. Double the trouble and twice the fun, that’s their motto! Whether digging holes in the yard, treeing squirrels, or raiding their toy box and scattering squeakies through the house, those boys are busy sunup to sundown with their mischief.

This morning, I looked out the kitchen window at Tell and Cap romping in the yard. I felt a surge of pride in my two beautiful little terriers, well groomed and wearing matching collars. I hope that if the unthinkable happens again, they’ll both be safely returned to their home with the help of their ID tags. I know it only takes a second for one to slip out the door or gate, and they’re off on a great adventure that could have disastrous results. I love my guys and want them to be safe always.

As my husband walked up behind me, he asked, “Any idea what you want for your birthday this year?” I considered my pair of mischief-makers that have brought so much joy into our home, and a husband that knows my heart. After a moment, I turned to give Cap’s angel a hug and tell him I already had all I could ever want!

Cash the Yellow Lab

I bought Cash as a present for my husband in April 2007. He is a beautiful golden yellow lab. I knew the guy we got him from so I had kept my eye on him since he was only a couple of weeks old. Finally, after what had seemed like forever, I was able to bring him to his new forever home. I introduced him to my other 6 dogs... yes, I said 6! It sounds crazy but I love them all and have 20 pets total. Back to my story though, the other dogs seemed to like him except for one. My husbands Chocolate Lab, Hoss. He is a very territorial dog and doesn't like strangers (other dogs) coming on his property. After a little bit of time though he always learns to get along with everyone. We had only had Cash for about a month when one day he went missing. Since he was just a puppy about 9-10 weeks old I figured he couldn't have gone too far on his own. We searched high and low all night and all the next day with no results. I made flyers and posted them around town; even though we live in the country; put an ad in the local paper offering a reward, called the local pound and went knocking on doors hoping to come up with some sort of answer. Nothing. Although I was beginning to lose hope I never gave up. Almost two months later to the day...I got a call on my cell phone while I was at work. I couldn't answer it of course so I let the voice mail pick it up. The next minute I had another call on my phone. I decided to step outside and see who was calling me and why. It was a local couple in town who had had a dog show up at their house. I tried to call the first one and she didn't answer so I called her boyfriend. He answered. To my surprise he said that they had a young male yellow lab show up at their house that past weekend. They had already taken him to the pound because his son was getting attached and they could keep him. They found out after the fact that I was missing my dog. From the age and descripton of the dog it sounded like it could possibly be Cash. I was a little unsure in the beginning becuase Cash had on his collar and tags as far as I knew but a couple of weeks later my husband foudn them in the tall grass next to our yard. It was at that moment I suspected someone came to my house and picked him up. So at this point I figured anything was possible. I left from work on my lunch hour to go to town and see the dog at the pound. (I work 30 minutes away one way.) The minute I seen him I knew this was my dog. He had grown up a bit since it had been 2 months but if you have ever had a dog especially as many as I could understand that just by looking into his eyes I could tell this was my baby Cash. I went directly to city hall in town and told them this was my dog in the pound and that I would be back after work to pick him up. As soon as we got there to get him his eyes lit up and he was so happy. We got him home and he played with the other dogs and went swimming in the pond...even Hoss didn't growl at him so I truly think he knew that this was his lost pal. We put a new collar on him with his old tag that I kept and he is still here today. I am so happy to have found him safe and happy and healthy. This truly was a miracle to find my puppy who went missing at 9-10 weeks 2 months later is truly amazing. Even though the tag didn't help this time since I believe someone slipped his collar off and took him to town, I still feel more secure knowing that I have done what I can to keep my dogs safe. Thanks for the wonderful pet tags at such a reasonable price.



My nana has diabetes. One day when my grandpa was at work,my nana's blood sugar level got so low that she fell down and couldn't breathe or get to the phone to call 911. I didnt know what to do. Luckily though though, Hero, her dog did. He ran to where my uncle Andy worked and got him to come help her. That is the reason that my nana is still here today.

hot dog

I have a doxie hot dog named Mollee. She likes to run around and one day he got out of the door and went outside. They are building a new bridge right across from our house and the workers there found her and brought her back to us because of the address on her Love Your Pets ID tag.

I love my Forrest!

Image I love my Forrest! My husband and I live in Texas, we moved there because he is in the army. We dont have any children and don't plan to have any for a while. We wanted to get a dog, a border collie, because we both have had border collies in the past. Well, I was looking through the paper one day and found an add for a border collie that needed a home. That night, we went to pick up the dog. After we got him (his name is Forrest) we realized he had been beaten by the owners and had many health problems. We didn't know if he was going to live or not. My husband and I are both animal lovers so we just decited to help Forrest as much as we could and hope for the best. We now have had Forrest for 6 months and he trusts us and loves us as much as we love him. We thank God for Forrest and neither one of us has ever had a better Dog. I love Forrest!

Just in Time

Image Just in Time Ordered two dog tags, one for my pet and another for a friend. The tags arrived yesterday, Friday, 9/7/07. I delivered the friend's tag last night and it was put on their dog, Duffy, immediately. Just hours after, Duffy got out and about 10 minutes after the escape was picked up by security who called the number on the new dog tag and Duffy was returned home. Thanks to "Love Your Pets" Duffy is back!!!

Little dogs ARE more trouble!

Gizmo, a 2 year old, blind in one eye, Silkie Terrier, is more than a handful. Gizmo is my mother's dog, but needs to be looked after while she is away on business, so she comes to stay with me. I have a rather large backyard that time and time again I have tried to puppy proof, but to no avail! Gizmo squeezes out from who knows where and goes as far as the park across the street, or someone else's backyard. We purchased a pet tag from another company for $11 and it deteriorated very quickly. I've given this web site to my mother so she can purchase a tag for little Gizmo, to stop her from running around town! I purchased a tag for my curious cat, Boa, in the event that she sneaks out and cant find her way back home. Too bad we couldn't tag our boyfriends for when they get too drunk. ;)

Lost Cat

My full blooded persian cat who is neutered and declawed got out one early morning. I had taken his collar off. I put an ad in the paper and flyers up at the vets. After 3 months we still had no sign of him. My neighbor had called the vet to take him in for shots. They thought he was a stray and he had been living in their barn the whole time. The vet still had my flyer. I got my cat back. Although I didn't get him back because of Love Your Pets, this will not happen again because I have ordered tags for all my pets. My cat never went outside so I didn't think a collar was important. My animals will never be without pet name tags again. That 3 months could have been a lot shorter and saved my family a lot of heartache. Thank you for this service.

lost our way home

I have worked as an animal control officer for two and a half years. I can't tell people how important pet tags are. I have been able to return lost pets to their homes countless times (with pet tags). Unfourtunately the ones with no ID tags sometimes were lucky to find homes, yet as most people know with overcrowded shelters they don't always make it to any home because of owners neglect. So to all the pet owners please ID your pets, because sometimes they get to far to find their way home! I am including a picture of one of my dogs I rescued from the shelter(fawn doberman/husky X) I worked at, she was being fostered by me and I fell in love. Fortunately for me she wasn't wearing a pet ID tag, but for the owners it is a sad story. Heather

Mickey was Returned!

I used to have an office in a small town here in Virginia that shared a fenced-in backyard with a bank. One afternoon my yorkie, Mickey, went out for a quick break and snuck out of the yard when a bank employee came in. After a couple of minutes I realized he had run-off. I ran through the entire downtown area calling his name and clapping my Mickey. I was heartsick and called the local animal Mickey. I went into all the local businesses asking for Mickey. Then I thought, well this is a small town, so I called the POLICE! (non-emergency #). I asked them if anyone had reported a yorkie being found and they asked me if I could describe him. I said, "Well he's wearing a ski jacket and his pet id tag says Mickey." I got my boy back!

Miller's Journey Home

Image Miller's Journey Home Hello to all animal lovers. This is a true story about a dog named Miller. If there ever was such a thing as a "Mini Golden Retriever" he would be the one!

My fiancee is a Wildlife & Fisheries Agent in Southern Louisiana. Well my honey, Villere, has to stay for all storms, that's just part of his job.
While on patrol, about 5 days after Katrina hit down in Port Sulphur (which has no homes left and was all under water) Villere found this little puppy on the levee who had cuts and scraps all over him. The puppy hadn't eaten in days, probably up to a week. Villere picked the puppy up and fed him a can of potted meat. The puppy ate it up! And at that moment Villere fell in love. So he put him into the boat and brought him back to the station where we were staying. Well we knew that this little puppy had made it through the wind, the rain and the high waters and he was a strong little sucker. We decided to name him Miller, Miller Moose!
We took him to the vet (a make-shift tent they had set up in Belle Chasse, La) and got him some shots. We found out that Miller had heart worms so we had him treated. And he is doing great, no more heart worms! Well it's about to make 3 years post-Katrina and we have one of the best dogs anyone would ever want. Miller is so loving and wants to be by our sides at all times. He loves to go for boat rides, fishing & hunting.
I think he is very special and we are so glad Miller came into our lives.
I hope everyone has the heart, loving & caring like Vill & I do to our pets. And I hope y'all have enjoyed the true story of one of the best dogs in the world, Miller Moose!!!
And always have a Tag ID on your pets!!
We love you Miller
Mom & Dad

Mr. Mojo Risin'

Image Mr. Mojo Risin' We changed our cell phone number when we moved, and I suddenly realized that Mojo's old tag would be useless. I'd planned to use one of those machines to engrave a new one, but they only offered noisy metal tags, and they were not cheaper than your much better quality tags. Here is Mr. Mojo Risin' sporting his up-to-date tag.

My Baby Boy Stew

Image My Baby Boy Stew Hi, I just wanted send a picture of my baby wearing your tag. He is so cute. His name is Stew, and he likes to run for the door when anyone opens it. I feel much safer now knowing he has the tag. Thank You.

Nelson, Our Superman

We rescued Nelson from an Austin Animal Shelter 8 years ago. His main purpose at the time was to "Take Care" of the huge rat we had living in our rental house. Last June we moved to College Station, Texas and within 2 weeks Nelson had disappeared. Our family was heart broken. We made signs, looked at the shelter weekly and continued to look. As the "months" went by, we had lost all hope. Except for our 5 year-old daughter Lily, who prayed regularly for Nelson to return. On Oct. 30 2007, a man called from an adjoining neighborhood and said he had our cat, Nelson. Nelson had been gone 5 months by then. Was badly injured and had lost 8 pounds, but he never gave up. After 2 surgeries and lots of TLC, today he got his final stitches out and he is on the road to recovery. He is named after my husbands golf hero, Bryon Nelson. Our cat Nelson is truly a our hero and "Superman".

Returned after 16 months

Image Returned after 16 months

Sixteen months ago, one of our two cats (Rodeo) got out of the house. We searched our neighborhood for months and posted flyers up everywhere. We also routinely called the shelters in the area to see if he had shown up. Being an indoor cat we did not have a collar or ID tag on him. We never gave up hope that one day we would find him. We immediately ordered Love Your Pet ID tags for our other cat and our dog to make sure we never lost another pet. Our other cat would not eat or drink for a week until we went to the local shelter and got a companion for her.

A few nights ago we were out bike riding and found Rodeo at a house less than 1/2 a mile away from our home. An elderly couple had been feeding him and some other stray cats for over a year. They were happy to return him to us.

We are so happy to have him back & plan never to lose him again. I just ordered an ID tag for him and he will always wear it.

If only we had thought to have one on him, I'm sure we would have been reunited with him soon after he got out of the house.

Run away

This Sunday my fiance and I were taking down xmas lights and had been cleaning off the patio. Well when we were done we decided to let our 2 Scotties out of their crates. Well the first thing they did was went out the doggie door. I asked why they were so quiet and noticed that we forgot to lock the patio door again. They were gone. I freaked and started screaming their names. Remembering that our one Scottie had been trained to come back when he heard me blow his whistle. So, I did and thank God they both came running back. I was so relieved. I thought our babies were gone for good. I didn't think they needed tags because they were house dogs. I was so wrong. Accidents happen and if they have pet tags on at least they have a chance.

Run, Charlie, Run

My dad got home before I did today, so he took our new puppy out of the crate. They went to the basement and as my dad opened the sliding door, Charlie ran right out. My dad went right after him, Charlie ran up 3 blocks before finally a neighbor showed Charlie her own dog. Charlie ran right over to the dog and my father finally caught him. In the process of catching him my dad who has gotten heart surgury 7 years ago, ran out of breath, fell and cut his arm. He didn't have a ID tag yet, it was the last thing that was on my mind with him having so many vet visits. But as soon as I heard what happened, I got online and ordered the tag. I just placed the order so I'm waiting for it but it looks pretty good, hopefully its just like the picture.

scruff and andie

My dogs Scruff & Andie are the most wonderful dogs I've ever had. Scruff was adopted from an abusive home and he ended up with Parvo right after we adopted him he was so sick he was in an animal emergency room for 10 days. Our vet bill ran over $3000 but we knew that he was worth it. Andie is his companion.She was adopted shortly after we adopted scruff. On thanksgiving they got out of their fence and were gone 10 days. Since scruff had been abused he was very afraid of strangers. This kind woman called to tell me that they had been in her yard since thanksgiving and they had finally came up to her. We never would have gotten them back if it hadn't been for their pet tags. Thank you so much!

Sylvester our kitten

Image Sylvester our kitten Sylvester is our kitten and he does a lot of things. He is six weeks old. We found him at a farm at my cousin's place. He was stuck in a long stove pipe and we got him out and he was wild. It was one week ago when this happened. He was very mad at first, but now he loves us to death. I'm so happy we found him when we did. -Joy and my hunbane Jason

Read pet stories of rescue with good happy endings! And share your story too!